All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRugged yet serene, the south and east coasts of Vancouver Island are unlike anywhere else. Wave-sculpted rocks, sea caves and fjords, old-growth forests, incredible wildlife, and white, sandy beaches make this an unbeatable destination. From a veteran kayaker and outdoors expert, who has explored the BC coastline himself, comes this must-have collection of full-colour maps, all from a paddler's perspective. This large-book format is easier to use and stow than bulky charts and unwieldy roll-up maps. Kimantas himself remarks that his life would have been much easier had one of these been available for his own kayak trips! The features and attractions included in these maps are numerous. You'll see all the campsites, rest areas, launch sites, anchorages, private marinas, government wharves, ferry terminals, and lighthouses, as well as the possible hazards of each area. Also included are the key places to see killer whales, grizzlies, sea lions, and birds and to explore heritage sites, ruins, sunken ships, trails, and parks. Colour photographs right on the maps provide visual clues and added beauty.
- Author(s)John Kimantas
- PublisherWhitecap Books Ltd.
- Date of Publication01/04/2012
- FormatSpiral bound
- SubjectWater Sports
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWhitecap Books Ltd.
- Weight780 g
- Width284 mm
- Height356 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement2nd
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.67
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.72
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.