All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe sudden arrival of Building Information Modelling (BIM) as a key part of the building industry is redefining the roles and working practices of its stakeholders. Many clients, designers, contractors, quantity surveyors, and building managers are still finding their feet in an industry where BIM compliance can bring great rewards. This guide is designed to help quantity surveying practitioners and students understand what BIM means for them, and how they should prepare to work successfully on BIM compliant projects. The case studies show how firms at the forefront of this techlogy have integrated core quantity surveying responsibilities like cost estimating, tendering, and development appraisal into high profile BIM projects. In addition to this, the implications for project management, facilities management, contract administration and dispute resolution are also explored through case studies, making this a highly valuable guide for those in a range of construction project management roles. Featuring a chapter describing how the role of the quantity surveyor is likely to permanently shift as a result of this development, as well as descriptions of tools used, this covers both the organisational and practical aspects of a crucial topic.
- Author BiographySteve Pittard FRICS is a lecturer in the School of the Built Environment and Architecture at London South Bank University where he is also an Academic lead for the University's BIM Centre. As an active Fellow of the RICS, Steve is a member of the UK Technology Focus Group as well as an Assessor for the recently launched RICS BIM Manager Certification. Steve is also a co-founder of the BIM Academic Forum and external examiner at the Dublin Institute of Technology. Peter Sell is a qualified quantity surveyor, and a partner at Gardiner & Theobald. He worked the London 2012 and Crossrail programmes where he was involved in the development of the contractual BIM requirements. He has been involved in the development of technology use within quantity surveying for the last twenty five years. Peter is an active member of the RICS he sits on both the Infrastructure Forum and the UK Technology Focus Group and is an Assessor for the recently launched RICS BIM Manager Certification.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication14/12/2015
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Content Note10 black & white tables, 4 black & white halftones, 77 black & white line drawings
- Weight385 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byPeter Sell,Steve Pittard
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $179.93New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $22.66Trending at AU $23.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.