All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe revealing and surprising inside story of the legendary BMC Works Competitions Department told by the three Competition Managers of the highly successful BMC/British Leyland race and rally teams based at Abingdon. The book reveals the inner workings and machinations of one of the most successful motor sport teams Britain has ever seen. Based on previously unpublished internal memos and documents, and the recollections of the prime movers, the book describes the ups and downs, and the politics of big time competition in an exciting era. An excellent and entertaining read and an important factual documentation, motor sport enthusiast should be without this book.
- Author BiographyStuart Turner has enjoyed a lifelong involvement in motorsport, both as competitor and team manager. After becoming British Champion navigator, he went on to manage the BMC Competitions. He is now the Chief Executive of the Motorsport Safety Fund, which produces safety training material to help the sport. In 2009, Stuart received the Prince Michael Award of Merit, the Motor Sport Association\u2019s most prestigious award for services to British motorsport. Marcus Chambers was BMC Competition Manager from 1955-1961, the period during which the Works Austin-Healey was in its heyday. His automotive experience prior to this included driving HRGs at Le Mans, with a class win in 1939, and acting as team manager during 1947 and 1948. He is also the author of Works wonders: BMC and Rootes. Marcus passed away in 2009 at the age of 98. Peter Browning - BMC Competition Manager 1967-1970, when the Department closed, this was the period when the Works Sebring MGC was at the fore.
- Author(s)Marcus Chambers,Peter Browning,Stuart Turner
- PublisherVeloce Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication11/08/2016
- SubjectMotor Sports & Cycling
- Place of PublicationDorset
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVeloce Publishing Ltd
- Width207 mm
- Height250 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $86.95New
- AU $40.99Used
- AU $112.52New
- AU $97.37Used
- AU $33.12New
- AU $30.22New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $30.69New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.34
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $62.81
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.50
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.11
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.10
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $23.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.