Ba Gua Nei Gong Volume 1: Yin Yang Patting and DAO Yin Exercises by Tom Bisio (Paperback / softback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $21.96Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $31.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEmbedded within the martial art Ba Gua Zhang is a complete system of internal exercises that promote self-healing and longevity and transform consciousness. Ba Gua Nei Gong consists of nine powerful and profound methods of internal exercise and self-cultivation. This book is the first in a series of manuals on Ba Gua Nei Gong. It can be used in conjunction with actual instruction in Ba Gua Zhang, or employed as a stand-alone instruction manual. Yin Yang Patting Nei Gong is often the starting point for learning Ba Gua Zhang and for the practice of Nei Gong and other Yang Sheng (Nourishing Life) Exercises. The primary function of the Patting Nei Gong is to begin to open the meridians by patting and slapping along their trajectories. Unblocking, opening and coursing the meridians in this manner is an important precursor to advanced energetic practices. Dao Yin Nei Gong is often performed in conjunction with the Patting Nei Gong because the two practices have different, yet complimentary actions. While the Patting Nei Gong focuses on dispersing energy blockages and their accompanying muscular tension, Dao Yin Nei Gong emphasizes regulating the internal energetics of the body. The mechanism that promotes and harmonizes the functioning of the internal organs and their organic interconnections is kwn as the Qi Dynamic. The Dao Yin exercises work directly to regulate the Qi Dynamic, thereby stimulating one's natural healing powers and preventing disease from taking root. This in turn promotes health and proper functioning of the body. These two Nei Gong methods are relatively simple to perform, yet profound in their effect. Patting and Dao Yin work together in a harmonious yin yang balance. In order to properly train the Qi Dynamic, the pathways of the qi (the meridians) must be relatively open and unrestricted. As these energetic pathways are opened, the qi must be regulated so that its movements and actions are smooth and harmonious. These fundamental methods of simul
- Author BiographyTom Bisio is known internationally as a martial artist and practitioner of Chinese medicine. He has studied Chinese medicine and martial arts extensively in mainland China and is a licensed practitioner of traditional Chinese medicine, heading a busy clinic specializing in trauma, Chinese sports medicine and orthopedic conditions. Tom is the author of several books on Ba Gua Zhang, Nei Gong, Daoist Meditation and Chinese medicine. He is the founder of New York Internal Arts and Internal Arts International (internalartsinternational.com).
- Author(s)Tom Bisio
- PublisherOutskirts Press
- Date of Publication27/11/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAlternative Therapies & Health
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOutskirts Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight184 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $21.97
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.