All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBaba Dunja is a Cherbyl returnee. Together with a motley bunch of former neighbours, they set off to create a new life for themselves in the radioactive -man's land. Geiger counter and irradiated forest fruits be damned, there in that abandoned patch of Earth they have everything they need. Terminally ill Petrov passes the time reading love poems; Marja takes up with 100-year-old Sidorow; Baba Dunja writes letters to her daughter. Rural bliss reigns, until one day a stranger turns up, and the small settlement faces annihilation once again.
- Author BiographyRussian-born Alina Bronksy is the author of Broken Glass Park (Europa, 2010); The Hottest Dishes of the Tartar Cuisine (Europa, 2011), named a Best Book of 2011 by The Wall Street Journal, The Huffington Post, and Publisher's Weekly ; and Just Call Me Superhero (Europa, 2014).
- Author(s)Alina Bronsky
- PublisherEuropa Editions
- Date of Publication09/06/2016
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintEuropa Editions
- Weight191 g
- Width135 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Translated byTim Mohr
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $23.13
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.13
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.06
- AU $19.78Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.07
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.