Baby Names Now: From Classic to Cool--The Very Last Word on First Names by Pamela Redmond Satran, Linda Rosenkrantz (Paperback / softback)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $36.88Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by buyitnowbooksoz2010
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNeed the lowdown on first names? Linda Rosenkrantz and Pamela Redmond Satran, authors of the bestselling Beyond Jennifer & Jason, Madison & Montana and The Last Word on First Names, offer a fresh, illuminating, and indispensable guide to thousands of names from Aaliyah to Zuri.Drawing on years of research and experience, only Baby Names Now can give you insights like these: * Call your daughter Rose, but don't call your son Thorne.* Word names, nature names, and what might be called time names are fashionable w, especially those that haven't been used much in the past. December, in other words, is much cooler than April or June.* Although it sounds desertlike, Zahara is actually a Muslim and Swahili name meaning flower. In Hebrew, it detes brightness.* If Cook and Sailor can be used as first names, why t Fisher?* Though it has a hippyish feel, Jupiter has a legitimate history as a first name, used in this country as far back as the eighteenth century-- in fact, Jupiter Hammon was the first African-American poet published here.* Malcolm's in the middle-- of a definite revival.Whether you already have a list of favorite names or are just beginning to look for ideas, Baby Names Now will provide the information and inspiration you need to make the perfect choice.
- Author BiographyLinda Rosenkrantz is the author of six other books in addition to the baby-naming series, ranging from Gone Hollywood, a social history of the film colony, to a childhood memoir, My Life as a List: 207 Things About My (Bronx) Childhood. A resident of Los Angeles, she also writes a syndicated weekly column on collectibles.Pamela Redmond Satran is a contributing editor for Parenting magazine and a columnist for Baby Talk and TV Guide. The former fashion features editor of Glamour, her articles have appeared in publications ranging from Self to Good Housekeeping to the Wall Street Journal, as well as online at parenting.com and women.com. She lives outside New York City with her husband and three children.As authorities on baby names, they have written a column for Baby Talk magazine, and have been quoted in People, The Wall Street Journal, and The New York Times Magazine. They have also made appearances on nationally syndicated shows such as Oprah, and the CNN Morning News. Their baby-name books have sold more than 750,000 copies.
- Author(s)Linda Rosenkrantz,Pamela Redmond Satran
- PublisherSt Martin's Press
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSt Martin's Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width140 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $34.80
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.