All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCarla Harryman is the author of 11 books of poetry, prose plays and essays. Her two experimental vels, Gardener of Stars (2001) and The Words: after Carl Sandburg's Rootabaga Stories and Jean-Paul Sartre (1999) are explorations of the paradise and wastelands of utopian desire. Baby continues this exploration through the convolutions of Baby, who enters the book as fire in the womb with a skirt. Harryman, a native Californian, w lives in Detroit where she teaches women's studies, creative writing and literature at Wayne State University. She has also written a number of essays on invative writing by women. Her most recent essay, Residues or Revolutions of the Language of Acker and Artaud, is forthcoming Devouring Institutions (SDSU Press).
- Author BiographyHarryman is the author of eleven books of poetry, prose plays, and essays. She has worked in performance and experimental theater and has collaborated with a number of visual artists and composers. A native Californian, she now teaches Women's Studies, Creative Writing, and Literature at Wayne State University.
- Author(s)Carla Harryman
- PublisherZephyr Press (AZ)
- Date of Publication01/05/2005
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintZephyr Press (AZ)
- Weight82 g
- Width136 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.