Babygate: How to Survive Pregnancy and Parenting in the Workplace by Phoebe Taubman, Dina Bakst, Elizabeth Gedmark (Paperback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $24.71Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.93+ AU $28.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Better Balance group has long fought again family discrimination in the workplace. However, they continue to hear stories from women who were successful at work until they became pregnant, leading to the conclusion that employers may kw that it is illegal to discriminate against women because they are women. Compiled by A Better Balance, Babygate is an ermously useful tool to help women learn what protections they have under the law and how to address maternal discrimination with their employers. Covering everything from pregnancy and nursing to parenthood and flextime.
- Author BiographyDina Bakst, Phoebe Taubman, and Elizabeth Gedmark are attorneys for A Better Balance, a legal center created to advance the rights of pregnant women and caregivers in the American workplace. A Better Balance's legislative advocacy - paired with litigation, research, public education, and technical assistance to state and local advocates - has generated new protections for millions of workers across the country. Dina Bakst, co-president of A Better Balance, cofounded the organization to advance the legal rights of pregnant women and caregivers in the American workplace. Bakst s New York Times op-ed, Pregnant and Pushed Out of a Job, inspired the introduction of the federal Pregnant Workers Fairness Act. A veteran attorney and advocate dedicated to women s rights and economic justice, Dina lives in New York City with her husband and three daughters. Phoebe Taubman is a senior staff attorney with A Better Balance, where she works to combat discrimination and advance family-friendly public policies at the local, state, and federal level. She lives in Brooklyn, New York, with her husband and son. Elizabeth Gedmark is an attorney with A Better Balance, and dedicates her time to empowering working families. Originally from Kentucky, she lives in Brooklyn with her husband.
- Author(s)Dina Bakst,Elizabeth Gedmark,Phoebe Taubman
- PublisherFeminist Press at The City University of New York
- Date of Publication24/10/2014
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFeminist Press at The City University of New York
- Weight322 g
- Width139 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.43Trending at AU $23.89
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $119.81
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.