Bacillus Thuringiensis: A Cornerstone of Modern Agriculture by Matthew Metz (Hardback, 2003)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $174.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $148.43+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMake the right decisions when it comes to pest control in agriculture! Bacillus thuringiensis: A Cornerstone of Modern Agriculture explores the impact that one of the most prominent biologically based pesticides has had on pest control techlogy--and the issues that surround its use. The book examines the development, use, and management of techlogies derived from Bacillus thuringiensis (Bt), addressing the health, ecomic, environmental, and social concerns generated by the deployment of genetically engineered crops. Authors representing a diverse cross section of the international scientific community contribute review articles and research findings that address the use of Bt in microbial formulations and transgenic crops, techlogical advances in the genetic engineering of plants, advances in methodologies, and improved agricultural practices and productivity through the use of Bt cotton. Bacillus thuringiensis: A Cornerstone of Modern Agriculture examines the vital issues surrounding this Gram-positive bacterium. Contributors from academia, government, and industry address the safety of Bt for human consumption, its effects on n-target organisms, the role of microbial Bt products in crop production in the United States, and the utility and management of transgenic plants. The book also explores: * engineering Bt transgenic rice for insect pest protection * the Bt potato in developing countries * Bt expression in sugarcane and cauliflower * a comparative analysis of Bt cotton in Argentina * the ecological impact, gene expression, and current resistance management requirements of Bt cotton in the United States * and much more! Bacillus thuringiensis: A Cornerstone of Modern Agriculture is an essential resource for advanced students and technical specialists working in agriculture, biotechlogy, entomology, pest management, and crop sciences. Stakeholders will also find it invaluable in regulatory decision making about genetically engineered crops, pesticide use, and crop protection.
- Author(s)Matthew Metz
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication05/12/2003
- SubjectAgriculture & Farming
- Place of PublicationAbingdon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFood Products Press,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight566 g
- Width165 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.