Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $74.74
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.46
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.65
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.36
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.46
About this product
- DescriptionThis is McCardell's follow-up to his bestselling memoir Chasing the Story God . A charming collection of anecdotes, full of un-put-downable fun for anybody who enjoys a well-turned yarn. Mike McCardell is kwn to thousands in British Columbia as the friendly, somewhat tousled gent who appears most evenings at the close of BCTV News on Global. His tongue in-cheek investigations of such weighty matters as a shoe abandoned in a downtown intersection have made him one of the most recognisable faces on West Coast television. Back Alley Reporter includes over sixty delightful and light-hearted stories guaranteed to put a smile on every reader's face. Wherever he goes and matter what he's doing, McCardell finds magic in the ordinary -- whether he is trying to save his garden by hunting for leaf-eating beetles in his own backyard, contemplating the creation of a new holiday or musing on the lost art of washing dishes. So take a tour down the back alley with McCardell and meet a number of intriguing characters along the way: Tom, a genius who became a professional beggar; Abe, an old-time bookie who only took bets on the neighbourhood stickball or school track teams; and Lorenzo, who has never broken a New Year's resolution.
- Author BiographyMike McCardell has earned the loyalty of hundreds of thousands of fans for his investigative reporting and human-interest stories. He is the author of the bestselling essay collections Unlikely Love Stories, Heres Mike, Chasing the Story God, Back Alley Reporter, Getting to the Bubble, The Expanded Reilly Method, The Blue Flames That Keep Us Warm and Everything Works, the local history book Haunting Vancouver and the memoir Cardboard Ocean.
- Author(s)Mike McCardell
- PublisherHarbour Publishing
- Date of Publication01/05/2009
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintHarbour Publishing
- Weight402 g
- Width230 mm
- Height155 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.