All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRicky Gilbert's world has been turned upside down. The seventeen-year-old, Filipi, adopted son of American parents, Ricky tries to adjust to a new life after moving halfway around the world from Singapore to New Jersey. With the help of Max Parada, an American-born Filipi, and Amy Cho, his Korean American classmate, Ricky begins to find his place and identity in his new home through tae kwon do training. The training, however, is more than kicks and punches. Instead, it becomes Ricky's guide to life as he progresses from one belt to ather. Even so, just as he begins to adjust to his new environment, Ricky's world takes ather hit when he discovers a secret that forces him to question who he is and what family means to him. Coming to terms with this-and with the large sum of money suddenly in his possession-Ricky has to decide whether he's going to stay with the family he's kwn all his life or leave and become a family of one. As he tries to sort out his life, traveling to the Philippines and back to Singapore, Ricky discovers things about his father that make the two of them more alike than he'd ever thought-or even hoped-possible.
- Author(s)Juan Rader Bas
- PublisherAbbott Press
- Date of Publication03/02/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAbbott Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight508 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.