All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis updated guide to the small and secret back-lane wineries and tasting rooms of Soma profiles over 70 hard-to-find, authentic boutique estates that feature world-class, artisanal wines revered by locals and critics. Each year, tourists visit Soma's well-trodden wineries, many of which offer wines you can buy readily on the shelves of your local grocery store. Far more difficult to find are the picturesque, oftentimes family-run wineries handcrafting exceptional wines revered by critics and locals alike. Back Lane Wineries of Soma will lead you to seventy of these gems, many with only a limited production and local distribution. Updated with new wineries, restaurants, and local attractions; maps; full-color photographs; and tips on wine-tasting etiquette, wine shipping services, and itinerary planning, this guide will prepare oephiles and beginning wine-lovers alike to relish in the laid-back atmosphere that Soma has to offer.
- Author BiographyTILAR MAZZEO is a New York Times best-selling author of books on wine, travel, French culture, and luxury, including The Widow Clicquot, The Secret of Chanel No. 5, The Back Lane Wineries of Sonoma, and the forthcoming The Ritz at War: Luxury in Occupied Paris. She is also the co-owner of the online wine business LaLaWines.com and professor of English at Colby College.
- Author(s)Tilar J. Mazzeo
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication02/06/2014
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationBerkeley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTen Speed Press
- Out-of-print date02/03/2016
- Content Note100 full-colour photos
- Weight386 g
- Width121 mm
- Height152 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.