Back Pain Remedies For Dummies by William Deardorff, Michael S. Sinel (Paperback, 1999)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $24.17Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by buyitnowbooksoz2010
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $22.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBack pain is such a common condition that many doctors and researchers consider the complaint a rmal part of life, similar to having an occasional cold or flu. If you are a back pain sufferer, you are t alone: *Back pain affects more than 80 percent of the population at some time during their lifetime. *Back pain is second only to the common cold as a reason for visits to the doctor and it is second only to childbirth as a reason for hospitalization. *Approximately 50 percent of the working population reports back problems every year. *The total medical cost of back pain exceeds 20 billion dollars a year in the United States. Back Pain Remedies For Dummies takes a holistic approach to back pain prevention and treatment. Exploring the therapeutic options - from conventional medicine to popular alternative treatments - this patient-friendly guide gives you a heads-up on how to relieve pain w and avoid future injuries, plus *Boning up on your spinal column's pieces and parts *Uncovering some conditions that cause back pain *Examining the lineup of doctors who treat what ails your back *Taking your pain lying down - or t *Giving weight to alternative therapies, including yoga, acupuncture, and imagery exercises *Promoting the importance of good posture *Returning to work and play with a healthy outlook *Saying yes to sex after a back injury As you try to manage your back pain problem and investigate various treatment approaches, you can help yourself by being assured and hopeful that you can remedy your problem. This reliable reference gives you plenty to reason to believe that back pain does get better, and successful treatment is possible. You can expect to find the best treatment for your back problem when you have some understanding of who treats back pain, how he or she treats it, and why using a multidisciplinary approach is important - all of that awaits in Back Pain Remedies For Dummies.
- Author BiographyMichael S. Sinel, MD, and William W. Deardorff, PhD, a clinical health psychologist, are renowned back specialists who teach at UCLA School of Medicine and practice at California Orthopedic and Rehabilitation.
- Author(s)Michael S. Sinel,William Deardorff
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication11/05/1999
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationFoster City
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHungry Minds Inc,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight569 g
- Width187 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Reading AgeFrom 18 To 99
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.18Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.