All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionThere is substitute for time spent outdoors-even if it's a simple walk in the woods. For many years Niels S. Nokkentved has written about natural resources and environmental issues as a reporter, columnist and author in the Pacific Northwest. His writing took him deep into the deserts and mountains. He paddled lakes and rivers and camped and hiked in Washington's Cascade Mountains and Olympic Peninsula and in central Idaho's Sawtooth and the Boulder-White Cloud mountains. Nokkentved's writing about the Northwest shows a deep reverence for nature and a keen sense of place. His intention in assembling this book is to entice people to get outdoors by sharing his own adventures and the adventures of others he has met along the way. He shows readers that outdoor adventures don't require special equipment-other than good rain gear perhaps-or extensive expeditions to exotic places. While those sorts of thing definitely qualify, satisfying and worthwhile adventures can be had right outside the back door. Most of his adventures began within a half-hour of his home. Some others took a little longer. But the most important thing he learned was to just get outside-a simple walk along a stream or a farmer's field. He learned that if he had his eyes and ears open, adventure was sure to find him. And adventure is always its own reward, for as the late Justice William O. Douglas said, the richness of life is found in adventure.
- Author BiographyNiels Sparre Nokkentved, an award winning reporter, columnist and author, has written about the outdoors and natural resources in the Pacific Northwest for more than twenty years. He has degrees in journalism and environmental studies.
- Author(s)Niels Sparre Nokkentved
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication27/04/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight254 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.