Back Surgery for 2012: A Patient's Perspective by Kathleen Mosko (Paperback / softback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $24.33Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $24.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book empowers you with the kwledge necessary to make the right decision for your spinal issues and back and leg pain. It will inform you with up-to-date information about the complex spinal issues millions face each day and the treatments available to live a pain-free life. Back surgery horror stories are being replaced with stories like Kathleen's Minimally Invasive XLIF procedure. Her journey from her injury to her healed body is clear and comprehensive. Kathleen recounts her experience of the XLIF procedure done by world rewn neurosurgeon, William D. Smith, M.D. whose added comments are seen throughout the book touching on key elements of a successful surgery.
- Author BiographyOriginally from the mid-west, Kathleen moved to the Las Vegas valley in 2006. After a work-related injury in Ohio, she dealt with debilitating pain for ten years before finding help. Her family settled in to a way of life so many know; losing activities one at a time as her pain progressed. Once a trained family mediator working with the courts to assist in reconstructing broken lives, Kathleen finds herself unable to work and looking for options other than the wheelchair she was facing. Pain overtook this once vibrant woman, taking away even her ability to sing in a choir let alone as a professional, which was her life-long passion. Many doctors told her she was too deformed to operate on and to brace herself for a poor quality of life, but Kathleen didn't give up hope finding the one who would say yes. She details her successful, unique six-level XLIF back fusion with the newest innovative techniques in the world of neuroscience. Her world-renown neurosurgeon, William D. Smith, M.D, adds his commentary about her condition throughout the book. Discovering a writer's group in Henderson, Nevada, Kathleen learned to weave her life experiences with her healing into her medical memoir, BACK SURGERY FOR 2012. Her desire to share her story is unique in that she can give hope to so many who suffer from debilitating back pain that alters a person's life in a positive way forever. The metamorphosis Kathleen has experienced is nothing shy of incredible at the hands of her neurosurgeon. She shares her journey, taking away the horror stories that so often prevail about back surgery. In Dr. Smith's office, she volunteers, speaking with pre-op patients sharing firsthand what it's like, how to help themselves, and what to expect. Through her books, Kathleen is paying it forward in one way to give back to the quality of life of thousands through her writing. Currently working on her second medical memoir, ACDF CERVICAL FUSION FOR 2012, she shares her experiences when faced with a second surgery ten months later. Kathleen has since returned to a full, active life and her passion for singing after Dr. Smith stabilized her spine and gave her back two and one eighth inches in height. She has sung at Christmas Mass the last two Christmases and is no longer on any type of medication. She's looking forward to a bright future. Her hope is for her writing to reach those in need to achieve the same type of life, pain free. She can be reached at email@example.com
- Author(s)Kathleen Mosko
- PublisherSnoradard Publishing
- Date of Publication21/07/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSnoradard Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight249 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.99Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.