Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $18.36Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by oodals
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $13.00Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIs this the right book for me? Do you want to make smart choices and win at the track? Whether you are a vice better or an experienced punter, it has all the tips and advice to help you spot a winner and enjoy this popular national pastime. This new edition has been been brought right up-to-date with interactive features. It explains t only such basics as the form and the nature of the races, but will also explain in full where to bet, how to bet, and how to do so successfully. It offers full and unique coverage of the latest phemena, such as internet betting, online betting exchanges and spread betting. It also gives you vital tips in addition to providing practical information on how to avoid credit card fraud and how to make a successful selection. Back a Winning Horse includes: Chapter 1: Horse racing Origins of horse racing Thoroughbred horses Types of racing Grading of racing Handicaps Conditional races Gambling on horse racing A day at the races Owning a racehorse Racing around the world Chapter 2: Racecourse betting On-course bookmakers Tote betting Pari-mutuel Bookmaking Understanding the odds Factors affecting prices Placing a tote bet Chapter 3: Betting shops Types of price Disadvantages of using a betting shop Writing a bet Bookmakers' rules Types of bet Chapter 4: Remote betting Internet betting Types of internet betting Types of bet How bets are matched Ordering odds How to bet Spread betting Playing safe Telephone betting Chapter 5: Making your selection Factors you can assess Factors you cant assess Gathering information Systems Effect of the draw at British and Irish racecourses Chapter 6: Betting tips Be aware of rules Appreciate your chances of winnin How bookmakers make a profit Keep records of your gambling Set a budget Staying in control Take account of all costs Be selective Take your time Maximize returns Be realistic How bookmakers try to make you spend more money Ground Type of race Betting on handicap races Number of runners Backing favourites Take the best price Making the best bet Betting each way Bets to avoid Placing large bets Big winners Steamers Collecting winnings Betting exchanges Hedging Dutching Syndicate betting Chapter 7: Checking results and calculating winnings Checking results Disputes with bookmakers Calculating winnings Using a ready reckoner ...Learn effortlessly with a new easy-to-read page design and interactive features: Not got much time? One, five and ten-minute introductions to key principles to get you started. Author insights Lots of instant help with common problems and quick tips for success, based on the author's many years of experience. Test yourself Tests in the book and online to keep track of your progress. Extend your kwledge Extra online articles to give you a richer understanding of the subject. Five things to remember Quick refreshers to help you remember the key facts. Try this Invative exercises illustrate what you've learnt and how to use it.
- Author BiographyA former betting shop manager, Belinda Levez has written eight books that share her inside knowledge of gambling. She is also the editor of the online magazines How to Win and Casinonet.
- Author(s)Belinda Levez
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication26/02/2010
- SubjectHobbies, Pastimes & Indoor Games
- Series TitleTeach Yourself - General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTeach Yourself Books
- Weight192 g
- Width132 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $73.88Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.95Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.