All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDr. Frank Gabrin is a practicing emergency physician and two time cancer survivor who's frustrations and triumphs on both sides of the stethoscope have lead him to transform his medical practice and his life with just one word: care. In his first book, Back from Burut: Seven Steps to healing from Compassion Fatigue and Rediscovering (Y)our Heart of Care, Dr. Frank Gabrin shares what he has learned is the root of the problem in healthcare today: The myth of keeping our professional distance in order to be better caregivers. In its place, Dr. Gabrin teaches us that to do better we do t need to step back, but rather we need to take a step forward and connect with the hurting human in front of us. When we take this step forward, we engage the protocol of True Care, which is what will cause us on both sides of the stethoscope to feel better. Back from Burut gives you tools and techniques that, once understood and applied, allow you to create unlimited amounts of satisfaction for yourself, your peers and your patients by transforming your care into True Care. In doing so, you will be able to find new meaning and purpose in what it is you are already doing.
- Author BiographyBorn and raised in southwestern Pennsylvania, he earned his Bachelor of Science degree at the University of Pittsburgh, and then matriculated to the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, where he received his medical degree in 1985. After his first post-graduate year of training in New York City, he went on to serve in the United States Navy Medical Corps where he was honored with a Navy Achievement Medal. His practice has been fundamentally clinical, but he has some experience with administration as he was the Director of the Emergency Department at Millington Naval Hospital and served as Chief Resident and subsequently as a resident trainer for the Northeast Ohio Consortium Emergency Residency Program. Since becoming Board Certified in the specialty of Emergency Medicine in 1992, he gained experience with the process of teaching medicine as he has been a clinical professor of medicine for Case Western Reserve University and Ohio State University. In the 90's, Dr. Gabrin served as a Flight Physician at Metro Life Flight in Cleveland and as a volunteer physician he took care of patient in the Adult Medical and Early Intervention HIV/AIDS Program at the Cleveland Free Clinic. In addition to his classic medical training, he has also been trained in alternative therapies and spiritual healing, completing the four-year curriculum and receiving certification in Professional Healing Sciences from the Barbara Brennan School of Healing in 1998. His experiences in the fields of emergency, osteopathic and spiritual medicine, along with his own personal experiences on the other side of the stethoscope as a cancer patient first in 1987, and then again ten years later in 1997, when he developed a second primary tumor of a different more malignant type requiring mutilating surgeries and intense chemotherapy have given him a unique perspective as both a patient and as a doctor.
- Author(s)Dr Frank Gabrin,Frank Gabrin
- PublisherClear2care Inc
- Date of Publication28/06/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintClear2care Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight295 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.75
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $38.99
- AU $23.89Trending at AU $33.32
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.