All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.17Trending at AU $52.09
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $31.97Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a collection of Mari Amoruso's newspaper column and blog: BACK IN THE DAY: Reflections of a Baby Boomer. Amoruso has the unique ability to put into words what all of us feel but sometimes have trouble expressing. In these pages are some of the most touching, poignant, humorous and thought-provoking and stories you will ever read. Some will make you laugh out loud, others will bring a tear to your eye, and all are true reflections of a baby boomer. Many readers have compared this book to the writings of Jean Shepherd and others liken the stories to those of best-selling author Bill Bryson. You can read BACK IN THE DAY: Reflections of a Baby Boomer cover to cover or just pick it up and turn to any story in the book. Either way, you'll thoroughly enjoy it.
- Author BiographyMarino Amoruso, an award-winning filmmaker and author has written, directed and edited over 50 films for broadcast and cable networks. He was nominated for four Emmy Awards, won the prestigious Western Heritage Award and awards at the New York Film Festival. He has also written nine books - ACROSS 7TH STREET - a love story between an Italian boy and an Orthodox Jewish girl in 1960's Brooklyn, NY. THE SIXTH FAMILY - about the crews of young men that do the dirty work for the Mafia bosses. A gritty comedic story with great dialogue and riveting characters. MONROE CITY BLUES-A Brooklyn boy learns about baseball, prejudice and life in the 1960's South Georgia. THE LAST OUTLAW - a modern day NY reporter goes to New Mexico to uncover the truth about a legend. Non-Fiction GIL HODGES: THE QUIET MAN - a revealing view of Gil's life and career and the controversial truth that has kept Gil from his deserved place in the Baseball Hall of Fame. BACK IN THE DAY: REFLECTIONS OF A BABY BOOMER - a collection of short stories; humorous and poignant views from a Baby Boomer. BEING ITALIAN: A MEMOIR - Amorusos' award winning reflection of his life as an American-Italian Brooklyn boy, living with his immigrant family. AUNT PHIL GALLO'S COOKBOOK - a wonderful collection of Italian family recipes. Amoruso proudly received the Distinguished Achievement Award from the Sons of Italy in America for his contributions in preserving Italian-American culture, history and heritage in his books and films, which can all be seen on our website. www.mymarfilms.com or search Marino Amoruso on Amazon.
- Author(s)Marino Amoruso
- PublisherMymar Entertainment Incorporated
- Date of Publication20/07/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMymar Entertainment Incorporated
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight544 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.