About this product
- DescriptionThe Edgar(r) Awardwinning and New York Times bestselling author delivers a thriller about a troubled cop trying to save his son from a killer in Yellowstone.Cody Hoyt, while a brilliant cop, is an alcoholic struggling with two months of sobriety when his mentor and AA sponsor Hank Winters is found burned to death in a remote mountain cabin. At first it looks like the suicide of a man who's fallen off the wagon, but Cody kws Hank better than that. Sober for fourteen years, Hank took pride in his hard-won sobriety and never hesitated to drop whatever he was doing to talk Cody off a ledge. When Cody takes a closer look at the scene of his friend's death, it becomes apparent that foul play is at hand. After years of bad behavior with his department, he's in position to be investigating a homicide, but this man was a friend and Cody's determined to find his killer. When clues found at the scene link the murderer to an outfitter leading tourists on a multi-day wilderness horseback trip into the remote corners of Yellowstone National Park a pack trip that includes his son Justin Cody is desperate to get on their trail and stop the killer before the group heads into the wild. Among the tourists is fourteen-year-old Gracie Sullivan, an awkward but intelligent loner who begins to suspect that someone in their party is dangerous. In a fatal cat and mouse game, where it becomes apparent the murderer is somehow aware of Cody's every move, Cody treks into the wilderness to stop a killer hell bent on ruining the only thing in his life he cares about. Back of Beyond is a Kirkus Reviews Best of 2011 Mysteries title.
- Author BiographyC.J. BOX is the bestselling author of Three Weeks to Say Goodbye, and ten novels including the award-winning Joe Pickett series. Blue Heaven won the Edgar(r) Award for Best Novel in 2009, and he's won the Anthony Award, Prix Calibre 38 (France), the Macavity Award, the Gumshoe Award, and the Barry Award. His first novel, Open Season, was a New York Times Notable Book and an Edgar(r) Award and L.A. Times Book Prize finalist. The novels have been translated into 25 languages. Box lives in Wyoming.Holter Graham, winner of AudioFile 's 2008 Best Voice in Science Fiction & Fantasy for Sherrilyn Kenyon's Acheron, is a stage, television, and screen actor. He has recorded numerous audiobooks, including much of Sherrilyn Kenyon's bestselling Dark-Hunter series. The winner of multiple AudioFile Earphones Awards, he has also read works by Scott Turow, Dean Koontz, C. J. Box, and Stephen Frey.
- Author(s)C J Box
- PublisherMacMillan Audio
- Date of Publication02/08/2011
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMacMillan Audio
- Weight295 g
- Width130 mm
- Height150 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Read byHolter Graham
- Contained items statement9 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time660
Best Selling in Audio Books
- AU $24.14New
- AU $46.32New
- AU $24.29New
- AU $25.43New
Save on Audio Books
- AU $42.80Trending at AU $44.72
- AU $30.80Trending at AU $34.24
- AU $32.64Trending at AU $46.03
- AU $36.66Trending at AU $38.67
- AU $12.73Trending at AU $14.46
- AU $30.53Trending at AU $33.63
- AU $22.02Trending at AU $28.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.