All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe book features essays from close associates, and follows Belinda's journey through her work as a printmaker, an independent artist, a collaborative ceramicist, and a sculptor. Fox has undergone numerous artist residencies, and is the recipient of dozens of prizes, awards, and grants. She is continually improving on her art forms, methods of expression, and her collection of inspirations and influences. Here, Fox presents the fragility of life and its simultaneous unfathomable solidity through the lens of the journey of the individual. This is Back to the Start.
- Author BiographyBelinda Fox is a lyrical, abstract artist who explores the precarious balance in contemporary life between hope and doubt. Her paintings and works on paper reveal her search for balance and harmony in our contemporary world. Reflecting on and responding to the continual presence of conflict in our lives, Belinda's work offers a breathing space to meditate on the beauty that surrounds us. Belinda graduated from the Victorian College of the Arts in 1996, and completed her Graduate Diploma of Education at the University of Melbourne in 1999. She has travelled extensively in India, Nepal, Laos, Tibet and China and has used these travels as inspiration for her work. Belinda has won many prestigious awards including the Silk Cut Award for linocut prints (2004), Burnie Print Prize (2007), Banyule Works on Paper Award (2007), Ex Libris Book Award (2008) and Paul Guest Drawing Prize (2010). Her work has been acquired by the National Gallery of Australia, Artbank, Print Council of Australia, BHP Billiton, Crown Casino (Macau) and various state, regional and university galleries across Australia.
- Author(s)Belinda Fox
- PublisherOro Editions
- Date of Publication28/10/2015
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationCA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGoff Books
- Content Note150 colour
- Weight1202 g
- Width228 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.43New
- AU $65.08Used
- AU $78.89New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.14
- AU $19.47Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.58
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.11
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.64
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.