All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBackground modeling and foreground detection are important steps in video processing used to detect robustly moving objects in challenging environments. This requires effective methods for dealing with dynamic backgrounds and illumination changes as well as algorithms that must meet real-time and low memory requirements. Incorporating both established and new ideas, Background Modeling and Foreground Detection for Video Surveillance provides a complete overview of the concepts, algorithms, and applications related to background modeling and foreground detection. Leaders in the field address a wide range of challenges, including camera jitter and background subtraction. The book presents the top methods and algorithms for detecting moving objects in video surveillance. It covers statistical models, clustering models, neural networks, and fuzzy models. It also addresses sensors, hardware, and implementation issues and discusses the resources and datasets required for evaluating and comparing background subtraction algorithms. The datasets and codes used in the text, along with links to software demonstrations, are available on the book's website. A one-stop resource on up-to-date models, algorithms, implementations, and benchmarking techniques, this book helps researchers and industry developers understand how to apply background models and foreground detection methods to video surveillance and related areas, such as optical motion capture, multimedia applications, teleconferencing, video editing, and human-computer interfaces. It can also be used in graduate courses on computer vision, image processing, real-time architecture, machine learning, or data mining.
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication05/08/2014
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note280 black & white illustrations, 10 colour illustrations, 80 black & white tables
- Weight1292 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edited byAntoine Vacavant,Benjamin Hoferlin,Fatih Porikli,Thierry Bouwmans
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
The 8-Week Blood Sugar Diet: Lose Weight Fast and Reprogramme Your Body for Life by Michael Mosley (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $19.43New
- AU $7.82Used
- AU $21.30New
Women Who Run with Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype by Clarissa Pinkola Estes (Paperback, 1996)
- AU $14.09New
- AU $6.50Used
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $23.80New
- AU $11.17Used
- AU $20.04New
- AU $32.17New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.86Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $40.04Trending at AU $43.83
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.54
- AU $19.74Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $58.25Trending at AU $62.59
- AU $100.99Trending at AU $118.99
- AU $62.84Trending at AU $78.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.