All listings for this product
Best-selling in Travel Guides
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $65.00Trending at AU $84.36
- AU $24.03Trending at AU $39.58
- AU $40.28Trending at AU $43.27
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $26.52
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.86
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $12.61
- AU $18.42Trending at AU $29.90
About this product
- DescriptionEastern Europe is the most exciting destination to open up for independent travel in years. The food is tasty, the people are friendly, and the variety is breathtaking. Poland and the Czech Republic may seem like extensions of their Western neighbors, but they are extensions that were frozen in time for fifty years before the Iron Curtain finally fell some twenty years ago. Communism did thing if t stop the clock; and what you find w are perfect specimens of old Europe, the one with the stunning architecture and the exotic city centers. Places like Russia and Romania are something else entirely, of course, and Turkey is one of the most popular destinations in the world. Best of all, prices are cheaper than in the West. The coming out and rapid maturity of Eastern Europe as a travel destination may be one of the most exciting developments in many years for all travelers, but hostels are the biggest thing that has occurred in decades for budget travel. Typically viewed as a luxury, international travel is w possible for almost anybody and everybody with the desire and the disposition, thanks to the explosion of hostels in the last few years. Hostels have long been around, of course, at least in Europe, but those were youth hostels. These are hostels for backpackers, and flashpackers, too, their more upscale urban cousins. Best of all, they aren't just for youth anymore. C U in Tallinn, or Istanbul, or Krakow, or Sarajevo, or...?
- Author BiographyAmerican ex-pat Hardie Karges took his first extended international trip at the age of twenty-one in 1975 and traveled to his first ten countries within two years, all for less than two thousand dollars. Thus began a way of life that has taken him to some 145 countries (and counting), living and working in a dozen of them, learning several languages and trading in folk art and cottage industry products. He has also published poetry and created videos, before finally deciding to write about what he knows best-travel. His first book, Hypertravel: 100 Countries in 2 Years, was published in 2012. The full set of Backpackers & Flashpackers is projected to include 6 to 8 volumes and be completed by the end of 2014.
- Author(s)Hardie Karges
- PublisherHypertravel Books
- Date of Publication16/02/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHypertravel Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight277 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.