All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $74.74
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.46
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.65
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.36
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.46
About this product
- DescriptionHave you heard of hostels, and always thought you'd like to try one, but didn't kw where to start? This book's for you. And it t only tells you where to start and how to start and when to start, but where to stay in 100 cities of Western Europe, all the major ones in all 25 countries, each with its own language and culture... but t so many currencies. That includes the beaches in Spain, the mountains of Switzerland, the fashion centers of France, the pub culture of England, and the forests of Germany; cities like Paris, Barcelona, Rome, Berlin, and Amsterdam, and they've all got one thing in common, besides the Euro currency, and that is: hostels. And these are modern hostels, all ages welcome (usually) and curfew. What they DO have are kitchens, and computers, and WiFi, and lots of other people-just like you. Sound good? You haven't even heard about the low low prices yet. Accommodations ARE the most expensive part of travel, after all. Hostels have long been around, of course, at least in Europe, but those were youth hostels. These are hostels for backpackers and flashpackers, their upscale urban cousins. There's a world of difference. It's t just Europe w, either, or just youth. It includes the whole world, and it's a way of life. If it's a cool place to visit, then there will probably be a hostel there by w, in local neighborhoods and staffed by local people, all with at least a working kwledge of the English language. You can easily organize a trip and stay in budget hostels the whole way the whole time w. This book will help, with complete specs and contact info for more than 500 locations, carefully selected for their quality and standards. It will also tell you the history and major attractions of each town, city and country. C U in Helsinki, or Inverness, or Rimini, or Lisbon, or... you name it.
- Author BiographyAmerican ex-pat Hardie Karges took his first extended international trip at the age of twenty-one in 1975 and traveled to his first ten countries within two years, all for less than two thousand dollars. Thus began a way of life that has taken him to some 150 countries (and counting), living and working in a dozen of them, learning several languages and trading in folk art and cottage industry products. He also published poetry and wrote several blogs, before finally deciding to write about what he knows best-travel. His first book, Hypertravel: 100 Countries in 2 Years, was published in 2012. The full set of Backpackers & Flashpackers is projected to include six volumes and be completed by the end of 2013.
- Author(s)Hardie Karges
- PublisherHypertravel Books
- Date of Publication15/12/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHypertravel Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight263 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.