Backroads of the Texas Hill Country: Your Guide to the Texas Hill Country's Most Scenic Backroad Adventures by Kathy Adams Clark, Gary Clark (Paperback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $35.14+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $46.87
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $23.77Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.10Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
About this product
- DescriptionTexas has hill country? Any self-respecting Texan might kw as much. Forty miles west of Austin and fifty rth of San Antonio, the Hill Country is within an easy drive of two of the state's biggest cities, putting back-country quiet and beauty within reach of countless urban dwellers seeking respite, an area of gently rolling hills and valleys freckled with cacti and cattle ranches, lined with rivers, dotted with peaceful, picturesque little towns. This book brings the remarkable Hill Country of Texas home to the back roads traveler. Whether it's wildflowers you're drawn to, or dude ranches, natural areas, historic sites, or quaint Texas towns redolent of history, this is your passport to an experience like other. Backroads of the Texas Hill Country introduces travelers and armchair tourists alike to the emerging wine country of the Lone Star State, the meticulously preserved culture of East European immigrants, the 'cowboy capital of the world' (Bandera), and the childhood home of LBJ at Johnson City. Follow this irresistible guide into the Hill Country, and find yourself deep in the heart of Texas.
- Author BiographyGary Clark is the weekly nature columnist for the Houston Chronicle and San Antonio Express News and a professor at Lone Star College-North Harris. The winner of eight writing awards, he also publishes feature articles in state and national magazines and has written several books, including Backroads of the Texas Hill Country, Texas Wildlife Portfolio, and Portrait of Houston.Kathy Adams Clark has worked as a professional photographer since 1995. Her photos have been published in many magazines, calendars, and books, including Backroads of the Texas Hill Country and Portrait of Houston. Her images have also appeared with her husband Gary's weekly nature column in the Houston Chronicle and San Antonio Express News. Kathy is a past president of the North American Nature Photography Association. She teaches photography and is a popular speaker at local and national events. Kathy remains a proud native Texan; her family settled in Texas in 1845.
- Author(s)Gary Clark,Kathy Adams Clark
- PublisherVoyageur Press Inc
- Date of Publication27/03/2009
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleBackroads
- Place of PublicationStillwater
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVoyageur Press Inc
- Content Note150 colour, 25 black and white
- Weight653 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.