All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionSmall-scale home biodiesel production holds a singular attraction for the do-it-yourself enthusiast. While perhaps it can't save the world, this unique renewable fuel is ecomical, fun to make, better for the environment, and will help you reduce your dependence on Big Oil. And getting started is easier than you think. Backyard Biodiesel is written by two recognized experts in the field of small-scale biofuels. This comprehensive hands-on, practical, DIY guide includes: * The basics of small-scale brewing-recipes, strategies, and techlogies * Advanced backyard analytics and troubleshooting * Safety considerations and regulatory issues * Topping up the tank-how to put your biodiesel to work for you Making your own fuel is t only possible, it is rewarding. Designed to be accessible to everyone from readers with prior technical expertise to alternative energy buffs, Backyard Biodiesel is a must-read for any aspiring brewer, packed with everything you need to get up and running quickly and safely. Lyle Estill is the president and co-founder of Piedmont Biofuels and the author of Industrial Evolution, Small is Possible, and Small Stories, Big Changes. He has won numerous awards for his commitment to sustainability, outreach, community development, and leadership. Bob Armantrout helped to manage four commercial biodiesel plants before joining Piedmont Biofuels in 2007. He works as an instructor at Central Carolina Community College, where he spearheads an invative two-year biofuels degree program.
- Author BiographyLyle Estill is the president and co-founder of Piedmont Biofuels, a community scale biodiesel project in Pittsboro, North Carolina. He has been on the vanguard of social change for the past decade, which has placed him at the heart of the sustainability movement. Lyle is a prolific speaker and writer, and the author of Small Stories, Big Changes, Industrial Evolution, Small is Possible and Biodiesel Power. He has won numerous awards for his commitment to resilience, community development, outreach and leadership. Bob Armantrout helped to manage four commercial biodiesel plants in Hawai'i, Colorado, and Texas before moving to Pittsboro, North Carolina in 2007 to join Piedmont Biofuels. He works as an instructor at Central Carolina Community College, where he designed and delivers an innovative two-year biofuels degree program. When he is not immersed in the fascinating world of alternative fuels, Bob gardens organically to maintain his sanity, and explores the world of mycelium through mushroom and tempeh production.
- Author(s)Bob Armantrout,Lyle Estill
- PublisherNew Society Publishers
- Date of Publication30/04/2015
- SubjectInventions & Technology: General Interest
- Place of PublicationGabriola Island
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew Society Publishers
- Content NoteB&W photos, B&W illustrations
- Weight242 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.