All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs food prices continue to rise, more and more people have discovered that they can create their own food supply, right on their own property, and at a fraction of the price of conventional farm food that's been shipped to their local grocery from locations unkwn. By raising and harvesting their own fruits, vegetables, chickens, bees, milk-bearing animals, and more, people are growing locally, sustainably, and at a fraction of the cost. However, poor planning for needs, proper use of available space, and a lack of preparedness for preserving or selling the harvest can quickly lead to wasted time and sweat. Backyard Farming on an Acre (More or Less) is written by people who have planned and run a successful small-scale backyard farm. The authors guide readers through the essentials of planning a small-scale farm from a 1/4 acre all the way up to an acre and beyond. Readers will learn how to decide how large (or small) their farm should be, what they should plant or raise based on their invidual wants and needs (and available space), and how they can prevent their efforts from being wasted. Proven, sustainabile techniques will be presented to readers so they can yield the maximum benefit of their harvest through proven best practices. Readers will also learn how to raise small animals such as chickens and goats for milk, eggs, and meat, and will learn the crticial practices for successfully parenting bees, growing fruit tress, and much more.
- Author BiographyAngela England cultivates a 1/2 acre farm in her back garden where she and her family raise dairy and meat goats, chicken for eggs and free-range poultry, and foster a productive fruit and vegetable garden. Additionally, she writes for US publication, Suite 101 as the Plants and Bulbs Feature writer and maintains the Blissfully Domestic community as well as contributing to other rural living sites on a regular basis.
- Author(s)Angela England
- PublisherDorling Kindersley Ltd
- Date of Publication17/01/2013
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date13/07/2016
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white line drawings
- Weight698 g
- Width184 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.90
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.