Backyard Pharmacy: Growing Medicinal Plants in Your Own Yard by Elizabeth Millard (Paperback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $25.96Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $20.00Free postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by 65saltydog
- Est. delivery by 14 Mar
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA healthier life is right at your fingertips - or at least only a few steps from your door! Backyard Pharmacy helps you choose the best backyard medicinal plants. All of the plants can be grown easily by the home gardener throughout North America - and used for their healing and natural-remedy properties! Author Elizabeth Millard shares her deep kwledge of what to add to your garden to grow your own medicine cabinet to enhance your health. Each featured plant profile includes: - a detailed full-color photograph of the plant and key preparation steps - a description and a brief history of the plants (including recommended varieties) - how to plant, grow, and harvest - the parts of the plant to be used - the health and nutritional properties of the plant - current scientific research on the plant - any special harvesting, storing, or preparation instructions - how to use the plant as a remedy any cautions to te Richly illustrated with 200 photographs, Backyard Pharmacy t only includes photography of the plants, but also images demonstrating key elements to the step-by-step preparation, harvest, and storage methods to get the best results from your gardening efforts. Take control of your health. Learn about the benefits of herbs and backyard friends and natural health remedies for yourself and your family, and even grow them right in your own backyard.
- Author BiographyELIZABETH MILLARD is the author of Indoor Kitchen Gardening, which focuses on practical tips for growing herbs, vegetables, and fruits in indoor settings. She and her partner, Karla Pankow, also own Bossy Acres, a 100-member community supported agriculture farm in Minnesota that provides seasonal produce to members and area restaurants in an effort to build a strong and sustainable local food system. Millard often leads workshops on vegetable and herb gardening as well as herb preparation, fermentation, and cooking with seasonal ingredients. As editor of local sustainable food site Simple Good and Tasty, she encourages readers to connect with the state's abundance of organic growers, ranchers, food artisans, nonprofit agencies, and each other, forging a stronger food landscape. In addition to farming, teaching, and editing, she has contributed articles to Hobby Farm Home, Experience Life, and Urban Farm magazines, along with many other publications. She and Karla live in south Minneapolis with their two impossibly spoiled dogs, Idgy and Ruthie Mae.
- Author(s)Elizabeth Millard
- PublisherCool Springs Press
- Date of Publication04/06/2015
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCool Springs Press
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight488 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.75
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $38.99
- AU $23.89Trending at AU $33.32
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.