All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume presents a comprehensive collection of methods that have been instrumental to the current understanding of bacterial persisters. Chapters in the book cover topics ranging from general methods for measuring persister levels in Escherichia coli cultures, protocols for the determination of the persister subpopulation in Candida albicans, quantitative measurements of Type I and Type II persisters using ScanLag, to in vitro and in vivo models for the study of the intracellular activity of antibiotics. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding kwn pitfalls. Authoritative and cutting-edge, Bacterial Persistence: Methods and Protocols brings together the most respected researchers in bacterial persistence whose studies will remain vital to understanding this field for many years to come.
- Author BiographyJan Michiels Centre of Microbial and Plant Genetics Department of Microbial and Molecular Systems, KU Leuven - University of Leuven Kasteelpark Arenberg 20 box 2460, B-3001 Heverlee Phone: +32 16 32 16 31 (secretariat) or +32 16 32 96 84 (office) Fax.: +32 16 32 19 63 Email: email@example.com Maarten Fauvart Centre of Microbial and Plant Genetics Department of Microbial and Molecular Systems, KU Leuven - University of Leuven Kasteelpark Arenberg 20 box 2460, B-3001 Heverlee Tel: +32 16 32 16 31 (secretariat) or +32 16 32 96 80 (office); Fax: +32 16 32 19 63 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication15/10/2015
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleMethods in Molecular Biology
- Series Part/Volume Number1333
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Note22 black & white illustrations, 30 colour illustrations, 4 black & white tables, biography
- Weight744 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byFauvart Maarten,Jan Michiels
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.