All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGenetic investigations and manipulations of bacteria and bacteriophage have made vital contributions to our basic understanding of living cells and to the development of molecular biology and biotechlogy. This volume is a survey of the genetics of bacteria and their viruses, and it provides students with a comprehensive introduction to this rapidly changing subject. The book is written for upper level undergraduates and beginning graduate students, particularly those who have had an introductory genetics course. The fifth edition has been extensively revised to reflect recent advances in the field. The book w has a reader-friendly look, with end-of-chapter questions, Thinking Ahead and Applications boxes to challenge students' comprehension and insights. A complete glossary of commonly used terms has been revised and expanded.
- Author(s)Edward A. Birge
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication13/02/2010
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note29 black & white tables, biography
- Weight1127 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement5th ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 2006
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $191.05New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $22.66Trending at AU $23.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.