About this product
- DescriptionAlexandra Cooper has a tough case to prosecute. Brendan Quillan, a wealthy businessman from the Upper East Side, has been charged with hiring an assassin to kill his wife, but the evidence is flimsy and the defendant has one of the most successful defence lawyers on his side. Then an explosion kills Quillan's brother, one of the construction workers in a tunnel being built to secure Manhattan's water supply. The blast isn't a terrorist act, r is it an accident, but it looks as though Duke Quillan was the target. And ne of the team investigating the murder had come across any hint that Brendan had a brother, never mind one so far on the other side of the tracks. With ather case to solve, Alex, together with Detectives Chapman and Mercer, discover that Quillan's upbringing is very different from what they'd first assumed, and in the cupboard of his estranged family there are many skeletons, t all of them metaphorical. In a cliff-hanging whodunnit, Linda Fairstein takes the reader on a roller-coaster ride through New York and deep beneath its streets, to a conclusion which is as surprising as it is frightening.
- Author BiographyLinda was Assistant DA in Manhattan, specialising in the prosecution of sex crimes. Now a consultant, she works with a number of charities supporting the victims of sexual and domestic abuse. She and her husband divide their time between Manhattan and Martha's Vineyard.
- Author(s)Linda Fairstein
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication12/06/2009
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleAlexandra Cooper Series
- Series Part/Volume Number9
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight248 g
- Width108 mm
- Height176 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.