Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.82Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionWomen everywhere marvel at those good girls in Scripture Sarah, Mary, Esther but on most days, that s t who they see when they look in the mirror. Most women (if they re honest) see the selfishness of Sapphira or the deception of Delilah. They catch of glimpse of Jezebel s take-charge pride or Eve s disastrous disobedience. Like Bathsheba, Herodias, and the rest, today s modern woman is surrounded by temptations, exhausted by the demands of daily living, and burdened by her own desires. So what s a good girl to do? Learn from their lives, says beloved humor writer Liz Curtis Higgs, and by God s grace, choose a better path. In Bad Girls of the Bible, Higgs offers a unique and clear-sighted approach to understanding those other women in Scripture, combining a contemporary retelling of their stories with a solid, verse-by-verse study of their mistakes and what lessons women today can learn from them. Whether they were Bad to the Bone, Bad for a Season, but Not Forever or only Bad for a Moment, these infamous sisters show women how t to handle the challenges of life. With her trademark humor and encouragement, Liz Curtis Higgs teaches us how to avoid their tragic mistakes and joyfully embrace grace.
- Author(s)Liz Curtis Higgs
- PublisherThree Rivers Press
- Date of Publication15/07/2009
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThree Rivers Press
- Weight91 g
- Width135 mm
- Height191 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.