All listings for this product
Sponsored by eBay Stores
About this product
- DescriptionFans of the crime caper will rejoice that Linwood Barclay is back with the hilarious follow-up to his riotously funny and irreverent debut, in which paraid pop Zack Walker plotted to transplant his city-savvy wife and two teenage kids to the tranquillity of the burbs where planned communities prevail and fathers rest easy. Well, t quite and w the Walkers have moved home only to find themselves living in the precarious crosshairs of urban sprawl once again, and Zack can t help but be worried really worried that just around the corner lurks the presence of some really bad guys. Zack is back, and much to his family s relief, the work-at-home science-fiction writer has left the house to take a job as a features writer for the city paper. But w that Zack s incessant plotting can longer be hatched from the comforts of his own home, he must be ever more vigilant to outwit the evil at large, whether in the suburbs, the city, or his own imagination. Zack is ready or so he thinks. While researching his first feature article, Zack stumbles upon a real-life crime scene, but what seems like an ordinary hit-and-run may actually be a homicide linked to a gang that s been burglarizing Crandall s high-end shops. Suddenly Zack finds himself at the center of a violent crime wave and destined for a confrontation with Barbie Bullock, an unsettling figure infamous in the crime syndicate for his ruthless business tactics and peculiar proclivity for collecting dolls. And all is t quiet on the home front either. Zack s protective instincts launch into overdrive when he discovers that his daughter s rejected suitor has been tracing her every step and may harbor a much more omius motivation than winning a Saturday night date. Nor does his son s strange behavior and recent friendship with a creepy computer recluse inspire joy in a father s heart. As worlds begin to collide and boundaries between family and foe blur, Zack goes on the attack, and heaven help the bad guys when this resourceful father comes to make good on a deal gone bad.
- Author BiographyLinwood Barclay is a columnist for the Toronto Star. He is the author of several critically acclaimed novels, including Stone Rain and Lone Wolf. He lives near Toronto with his wife and has two grown children. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author(s)Linwood Barclay
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleZack Walker
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House Inc
- Weight222 g
- Width106 mm
- Height175 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsMass market (rack) paperback,Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.89
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.95
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $27.10
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.63
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.65
- AU $27.03Trending at AU $28.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.