All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA young girl at the mercy of her abusive stepfather and the religious community that protects him - Bad Things in the Night is a moving true story of pain and triumph. As a child Beth was imprisoned within a Jehovah's Witness family, kept away from her mother, forbidden from wearing a school skirt above her knees by day, abused by her stepfather at night. Years later, when she summons the courage to report her stepfather to the police for the first time, she is forced to relieve her childhood torment. Will Beth's fight for justice be worth the suffering reawakened?
- Author BiographyBeth Ellis was born in 1979. Her first remembered ambition was to be a writer. As she grew, her ambition became buried beneath her struggle to survive the horrific events in her life. She studied Law at university and graduated with success in 2005. This strengthened her resolve to realise her early ambition. But first she had to face writing the one book she dreaded writing - Bad Things in the Night. She hopes that now she will be free to pursue her writing career.
- Author(s)Beth Ellis
- PublisherEbury Publishing
- Date of Publication21/01/2010
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEbury Press
- Weight220 g
- Width126 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.37Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.