All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.09Trending at AU $29.63
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.54
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $13.39
- AU $49.50Trending at AU $52.88
- AU $37.78Trending at AU $44.77
- AU $33.21Trending at AU $49.82
- AU $24.73Trending at AU $28.57
About this product
- DescriptionBadger just can't face eating the same old apples, worms, and roots. They?re too boring! He dreams of eating something new and fancy. Badger gets some yummy ideas from seeing the animals who live near his den, but the main ingredients he tries to catch aren't so eager to become his lunch. And in the end, they unwittingly convince Badger that he should have appreciated what he had in the first place.
- Author BiographyKeiko Kasza was born on a small Japanese island in the Inland Sea of Japan. She grew up in a typical Japanese extended family with her parents, two brothers, and grandparents. Uncles, aunts, and cousins also lived nearby. All the steps I took growing up were very normal, Ms. Kasza says. The only unusual thing I did was go to college in the United States. She graduated with a degree in graphic design from California State University at Northridge. Ms. Kasza married an American, and the United States has been her home ever since.After publishing five children's books in Japan and working as a graphic designer for fourteen years, Ms. Kasza decided in 1988 to devote her time to picture books. She says, Having two small boys and two professions was too much to handle. Ms. Kasza admires many great picture-book creators, such as Leo Lionni and Maurice Sendak, but says that the work of Arnold Lobel has influenced her the most. The subtle humor and warmth he created in his books continues to inspire me, she says. I often go back to his work when I get discouraged or lose confidence. Ms. Kasza compares the process of making a book to acting on stage under the lights: I become the character that I'm working on at that moment. I pretend that I'm a bird looking for a mother, or a pig trying to impress his girlfriend. When I'm acting, I'm a child myself. Ms. Kasza's ambition is not to create a hundred books, but to create one really good book that will be kept on the family bookshelves for generations, although a hundred really good books would be even better, of course! Keiko Kasza lives in Indiana with her husband and two sons.copyright (c) 2000 by Penguin Putnam Books for Young Readers. All rights reserved.
- Author(s)Keiko Kasza
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPenguin USA
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight136 g
- Width211 mm
- Height251 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Picture book,Sewn
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.