All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
- AU $19.14Trending at AU $22.14
About this product
- DescriptionForeword by Ross King, New York Times bestselling author and winner of the Goverr General's Award. There can be few places in the world where the visual impact of the landscape is as hauntingly captivating as the Badlands of the Northern Great Plains. Encompassing Alberta, Saskatchewan, North Dakota and Montana, these amazing regions contain some of the most surreal and magical terrain you can imagine. Rewned photographer and painter Ken Dalgar first visited Disaur Provincial Park in Alberta more or less out of curiosity, he writes. But I was instantly struck by the mystical hoodoos, spires, and other mesmerizing geological wonders. It felt like I was walking amongst a geography of metaphors, or perhaps entering an archives where stories have been exiled. A treasure trove for disaur fossils and First Nations history, the Badlands, Ken continues, are certainly a place where the past has invaded the present. Like finding a great writer, I wanted to read more. The result of my explorations is this photographic survey of the Badlands of the Northern Great Plains. Covering eleven unique Badland regions this book provides a living photographic portrait of some of the most intriguing and least understood places on Earth -- North America's mysterious Badlands. Below are the 11 regions: Avonlea Badlands SaskatchewanBig Muddy Badlands SaskatchewanRoche Percee SaskatchewanKilldeer Badlands SaskatchewanDisaur Provincial Park AlbertaCottonwood Trail Alberta Drumheller Alberta Red Rock Coulee Alberta Writing-On-Stone Provincial Park AlbertaTheodore Roosevelt National Park North Dakota Makoshika State Park MontanaPhotographs from the book are being exhibited at the Francis Morrison Library Gallery, Saskatoon from April 15th to May 21st 2015.
- Author BiographyKen Dalgarnois a visual artist and photographer from Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan. His artwork has been exhibited in numerous solo and group shows across western Canada and the United States. Dalgarno has received support for his work from the Canada Council for the Arts and the Saskatchewan Arts Board. His paintings are in private and public collections across Canada, Italy, South Africa, and the United States. Dalgarno has been profiled in numerous magazines and print media including: GalleriesWest, Prairies North, Our Canada, Western Art Collecto r and the Edmonton Journal. He is represented by the Assiniboia Gallery in Regina, Saskatchewan.
- Author(s)Ken Dalgarno
- PublisherRed Deer College Press,Canada
- Date of Publication19/05/2016
- SubjectPeople & Places: General
- Place of PublicationAlberta
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintRed Deer College Press,Canada
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight921 g
- Width279 mm
- Height218 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Sewn
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.