All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom The Edge of Justice to Crossing the Line, Clinton McKinzie has captivated readers with thrillers that combine heart-pounding action with searing human drama-and feature a truly unforgettable hero, Special Agent Antonio Burns. Now McKinzie delivers a new vel filled with his trademarks-the thrill of danger, the clash between the law and the lawless, and the struggles of a family bound by love, loyalty, and a hunger for adventure. Here McKinzie takes us to a stark Wyoming landscape, where one tragic moment plunges Antonio Burns into a whirlpool of hate, violence, and revenge. Badwater Antonio Burns is at a crossroads-he rarely sees his six-month-old daughter, and his career has spiraled downward from hotshot golden boy to nearly having his badge confiscated. And things are about to get even worse. When a ten-year-old boy dies in a drowning incident in Badwater, Wyoming, the townspeople want the tourist they feel is responsible convicted of murder. In an already explosive case, Burns has been forced into working for the prosecution-and when a media-hungry celebrity lawyer takes over the defense, justice turns into a charade. Clinging to his sanity by climbing the crags and caverns of a local canyon, recovering from the near death of his daredevil brother and his breakup with the mother of his child, Antonio tries to turn his back on this situation. But he can't. He finds one crucial piece of evidence, makes one mistake with a woman, and then turns to his brother, Roberto, for help. Soon he's all the way in- matter what the cost to his career, his life, or to the people who still count him as one of their own.... The spellbinding story of a cop drawn to danger, a community steeped in hatred, and an explosive mix of opportunists, idealists, and a few very bad men, Badwater is a taut, thunderous vel-and Clinton McKinzie at his electrifying best.
- Author BiographyClinton McKinzie is the acclaimed author of The Edge of Justice, Point of Law, Trial by Ice and Fire, and Crossing the Line. He was raised in Santa Monica, California, and now lives in Colorado with his wife and two sons. Prior to becoming a writer, he worked as a peace officer and deputy district attorney in Denver. His passion is climbing alpine walls.
- Author(s)Clinton McKinzie
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication15/09/2006
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDell Publishing Co Inc.,U.S.
- Weight186 g
- Width108 mm
- Height176 mm
- Spine27 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $12.83Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.21
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.20Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $47.07Trending at AU $49.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.