All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA talking watch. An overcoat for two people. A pair of training pants for poodles. In his companion to Weird & Wacky Inventions, Jim Murphy shows kids some additional baffling and utterly silly inventions in the form of a guessing game that is both challenging and fun. What is a finger-supporting device used for? Did the talking watch ever become available for sale in stores? What on earth is a beard grinder? Now for the first time in paperback, with full-color illustrations throughout, Baffling & Bizarre Inventions offers a glimpse into the life of inventors--both good and bad! Whether it's a device for shaping the upper lip or a life preserver for horses, this parade of unusual inventions is a real treat for trivia lovers, budding artists, and any kid who has an interest in science and inventions.
- Author BiographyJim Murphy is a children's book author who has been awarded the Newbery Honor twice and is the winner of a Sibert Medal. He's worked in the publishing industry and is now a freelance writer. He lives with his wife and sons in Maplewood, New Jersey.
- Author(s)Jim Murphy
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication18/02/2016
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSkyhorse Publishing
- Content Note98 color illustrations
- Weight457 g
- Width210 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Interest AgeFrom 9
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.