All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBagels & Bacon is a rites of passage story that will appeal to both young and old. It attempts to shed a largely humorous, but sometimes serious light, on the relations between an ethnic mirity and the wider community. Its attitude to Judaism, in particular, and religions in general, is irreverent. The work is also a stalgic record of growing up in the East End during the postwar period, and attempts to convey a liking of London and more importantly a love of history to the reader. Within the Jewish community it might arouse interest, even controversy, but in wider terms it tries to portray the East End before the dawn of multiculturalism and political correctness. The author, a baby boomer (w turned pensioner) tells with genuine affection and warmth his family story peopled by a host of hilarious characters.
- Author BiographyJeff Rozelaargrew up in the East End in the 1940s and '50s, and is a former schoolteacher. He now works as a producer, director, and actor in stage shows.
- Author(s)Jeff Rozelaar
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/02/2011
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight300 g
- Width170 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $61.76
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $73.15Trending at AU $74.40
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $52.72
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.