All listings for this product
Best-selling in Travel Guides
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $65.00Trending at AU $84.65
- AU $40.28Trending at AU $43.42
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $26.61
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.94
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $12.66
- AU $12.95Trending at AU $15.89
- AU $18.42Trending at AU $30.00
About this product
- DescriptionAward-winning author Steven Herrick journeys across France on a bicycle, meeting the locals and savouring the pleasures of french food. Beginning on the Atlantic coast of Brittany, the author follows the Loire Valley, the Saone River and numerous canal paths through vineyards, quiet forests and small villages, accompanied by his slow red bicycle, christened Craig after a well-kwn weight-loss guru. But does the author listen to slimming advice? Non! Adopting the intriguing mantra that 'cycling is just an interlude between meals, ' Steven Herrick indulges in three courses for lunch and four courses for dinner, straining the bounds of lycra-clad good taste while testing the frame strength of his bicycle. Not content with crossing France from west to east and cycling over 1,200 kilometres, the author also decides to tackle the iconic mountains of the Tour de France. Mont Ventoux, Alpe d'Huez, Col du Galibier and more... in search of cycling nirvana and the perfect boulangerie. 'baguettes and bicycles' is an adventure, a restaurant safari and a travelogue for those who enjoy slow food, easy cycling... and fast descents!
- Author BiographySteven Herrick has written twenty-one books for children and young adults. His novels have twice won the NSW Premier's Literary Awards and he has been shortlisted for the prestigious Australian Children's Book Council Book of the Year Awards on seven occasions. He travels the world visiting schools to perform his poetry and to discuss his books. This is his first travel book.
- Author(s)Steven Herrick
- Date of Publication11/03/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight263 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.