All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBait is J. Kent Messum's thrilling story of survival and sanity strained to its limits. Please kw that one will be coming to your aid. Much effort has been made to ensure this Six strangers wake up on a remote, deserted island, with memory of their arrival. They appear to have been chosen at random. One of the castaways finds a letter they learn that there only chance of escape is to ather island just a mile away. Across some of the most dangerous, shark-infested waters in the world. The letter ends with one simple instruction: begin when you wish. As the group are forced to face their darkest fears they will be pushed to the very edge of sanity. The odds against survival are long. From aboard a yacht anchored offshore, a group of shadowy figures watches them. And waits...Tightly plotted and brilliantly imagined, Bait marks the debut of the exciting new thriller talent, J. Kent Messum. Fans of Irvine Welsh, Suzanne Collins and hit TV show Lost will be hooked by his story. Praise for Bait: Reading J. Kent Messum's Bait is like taking a high dive into black water. What you find in its murky depths is disturbing, pulse-pounding and utterly surprising. An exhilarating debut (Megan Abbott, author of Dare Me). The stakes could be higher in this crisply written, fast-paced vel that examines the shifting line between right and wrong, good and evil. Bait will keep readers turning pages late into the night . (Lori Roy, author of Bent Road and Until She Comes Home). Jaws meets Lord of the Flies meets Drugstore Cowboy! A powerhouse debut. The horror dawns on the reader as it dawns on the characters, making for a mesmerizing, one-sitting read. (Steve Ulfelder, author of Purgatory Chasm and The Whole Lie). J. Kent Messum is a British-Canadian writer living in Toronto. Bait is his first vel.
- Author BiographyJ. Kent Messum is a British-Canadian writer living in Toronto. Husk is his second novel, the follow-up to the award-winning Bait.
- Author(s)J. Kent Messum
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication26/09/2013
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Books Ltd
- Weight195 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $31.01New
- AU $88.73New
- AU $21.56New
- AU $43.88New
- AU $23.51New
- AU $25.04New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.49Trending at AU $31.01
- AU $76.69Trending at AU $88.73
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $75.11
- AU $74.55Trending at AU $83.16
- AU $59.72Trending at AU $61.86
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $20.85
- AU $22.29Trending at AU $22.91
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.