Baking with the Brass Sisters: Over 125 Recipes for Classic Cakes, Pies, Cookies, Breads, Desserts, and Savories from America S Favorite Home Bakers by Marilynn Brass, Sheila Brass (Hardback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $41.65Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $32.44+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMarilynn and Sheila Brass are on a mission to bring old-fashioned American home baking back to everyone's kitchen. Baking with the Brass Sisters embodies the philosophy that's drawn thousands of fans to them: We believe that there is thing that tastes as good as something baked by someone who loves us, unless it is something we have baked and shared with someone we love. In their new book, Marilynn and Sheila have gone to their collection of trusted manuscript cookbooks and handwritten recipes that number in the thousands to rediscover the home-baked treats that were brought to America from around the world - Russia, The Ukraine, Germany, Austria, France, Greece, India, Costa Rica, Armenia, Italy, England, Ireland, Norway, Canada, as well as many created here the US. They have listened to the stories of recipes that have been passed down by family and friends and interpreted them for the home kitchen. They've even included some of their own recipes created over 126 years of combined home baking experience.Readers will find wonderful recipes for treats like Grandma Goldberg's Honey Cake, Chocolate Walnut Banana Muffins, Billy Goat Cookies, Cobblestone Apple Tart, Mother Carleton's Black Walnut Layer Cake, Nana May's Irish Yeast Bread, Jack's Chocolate Caramel Walnut Tart and many more. Baking with the Brass Sisters is a classic baking book that people will keep on their shelves, bake from, and cherish for years to come.
- Author BiographyMARILYN AND SHEILA BRASS are the authors of Heirloom Cooking With The Brass Sisters and Heirloom Baking With The Brass Sisters, a finalist for the James Beard Award. They have hosted their own specials on PBS and the Cooking Channel; have appeared on Throwdown with Bobby Flay and on PBS's Simply Ming. They appear regularly on NPR's All Things Considered - Found Recipes and the NPR blog, The Salt. They live in Cambridge, MA and enjoy baking with their family and friends in their home kitchen.
- Author(s)Marilynn Brass,Sheila Brass
- PublisherSt Martin's Press
- Date of Publication01/11/2015
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSt Martin's Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1089 g
- Width208 mm
- Height249 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Photographer(s)Andy Ryan
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.