Save on Audio Books
- AU $28.19Trending at AU $28.47
- AU $25.20Trending at AU $36.59
- AU $45.43Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $44.90Trending at AU $48.29
- AU $18.22Trending at AU $28.36
- AU $35.89Trending at AU $36.98
- AU $25.76Trending at AU $32.99
About this product
- DescriptionToday's kids have adopted sedentary lifestyles filled with television, video games, and computer screens. But more and more, studies show that children need rough and tumble outdoor play in order to develop their sensory, motor, and executive functions. Disturbingly, a lack of movement has been shown to lead to a number of health and cognitive difficulties, such as attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), emotion regulation and sensory processing issues, and aggressiveness at school recess break. So, how can you ensure your child is fully engaging their body, mind, and all of their senses? Using the same philosophy that lies at the heart of her popular TimberNook program-that nature is the ultimate sensory experience, and that psychological and physical health improves for children when they spend time outside on a regular basis-author Angela J. Hanscom offers several strategies to help your child thrive, even if you live in an urban environment. With this book, you'll discover little things you can do anytime, anywhere to help your kids achieve the movement they need to be happy and healthy in mind, body, and spirit.
- Author BiographyAngela J. Hanscom is a pediatric occupational therapist and the founder of TimberNook, an award-winning developmental and nature-based program that has gained international popularity. She holds a master's degree in occupational therapy and an undergraduate degree in kinesiology, with a concentration in health fitness. Rebecca Mitchell is a performance artist and classically trained vocalist, as well as a professional host, emcee, and personality. Her natural flare for the dramatic, coupled with her love of being in the studio, brought her to the world of narrating in 2013.
- Author(s)Angela J. Hanscom
- PublisherTantor Media, Inc
- Date of Publication02/08/2016
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook, CT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTantor Media, Inc
- Weight79 g
- Width163 mm
- Height137 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Narrator(s)Rebecca Mitchell
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time388
- Edition StatementUnabridged
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.