All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDr Gerd Heuschmann burst onto the international equestrian scene with his startling expose Tug of War, in which he demonstrated with words and photographs the disturbing effects of the (then) popular 'Rollkur' or 'hyperflexion' technique in training dressage horses. In his long-awaited follow-up book, Dr Heuschmann explores what it means to be a 'responsible rider,' and asks whether, in today's society, it is indeed possible for riders in any horse sport to put the good of the horse first and foremost - most pointedly above ambition and fame. With fabulous art to help show the anatomy of the horse and how it is impacted by various riding techniques, as well as further proof that - although some steps have been taken to prevent the use of forceful and cruel techniques in the training of top horses - many sport horses still perform in pain and discomfort, this book is sure to follow in its bestselling predecessor's footsteps. Dr Heuschmann's arguments are based in his experience as a veterinarian and his kwledge of the working equine's body, and are certain to ring true with every serious rider who also claims to be an avid horse lover.
- Author BiographyDr Gerd Heuschmann trained as a Bereiter (master rider) in Germany before qualifying for veterinary study at Munich University. There he specialised in equine orthopaedics for two years before accepting a post as the head of the breeding department at the German FN, which he eventually left to start his own practice in Warendorf. He has been an active member of the 'hyperflexion' (previously referred to as Rollkur) debate, weighing in at the 2005 USDF National Symposium and the 2006 FEI Veterinary and Dressage Committees' Workshop. His book Tug of War and his DVD If Horses Could Speak are international bestsellers.
- Author(s)Gerd Heuschmann
- PublisherThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/08/2012
- SubjectPets & Equine
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJ.A.Allen & Co Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width168 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.