About this product
- DescriptionFourteen-year-old Josie doesn t fit in and thinks of herself as a loser. She is suffering from OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) and her psychological problems alienate her from her school peers. She lives with her older, glamorous sister, Skye, and their dad, who is a ladies hairdresser. Mum has remarried and lives on a houseboat. During visits to the city to see her therapist, Josie becomes besotted with a city busker. She fantasizes about him and builds a dream, traveling into town to watch his performances at every opportunity. Josie s life begins to intertwine with that of Macka, ather school outcast due to his profound stutter. While Josie is besotted with the busker, Macka is besotted with Josie. The two soon find their lives are following similar paths, which causes a series of misunderstandings and missed opportunities, but also helps each develop a sense of self worth.
- Author BiographyWendy Graham is a full-time writer of trade and educational books for children and young adults, and holds a Diploma in Professional Writing and Editing. Her published works include the young adult novel Summer s Story, published in 2004, and junior novels Robbie Robinson and the Last Crayfish (2004), and Monkey s Wedding (2000). Wendy is also prolific in the educational market, having had some thirty books for children published. Wendy lives in Ringwood, Victoria.
- Author(s)Wendy Graham
- PublisherHachette Australia
- Date of Publication01/06/2008
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2006
- ImprintLothian Children's Books
- Weight210 g
- Width198 mm
- Height126 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.