All listings for this product
Best-selling in Travel Guides
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $75.00Trending at AU $84.48
- AU $26.19Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $26.54
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.88
- AU $19.00Trending at AU $21.95
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $21.78
- AU $30.03Trending at AU $32.34
About this product
- DescriptionBaedeker is proud to welcome this brand new guide to Bali. At the heart of this full-colour and visually inspiring guide is a wealth of well-researched information and over 100 detailed recommendations, written by experts. You will find all the sights and top attractions explored in an easy-to-read A-Z format, with 3D laminated illustrations displaying the key sights in perspective. Clear and concise background texts cover simply everything worth kwing about Bali, including nature, politics, history, art, and above all - its people and their everyday life on 'the Island of the Gods'. Special feature pages can be found throughout the guide covering topics of particular interest and providing a rare glimpse into island culture. A comprehensive 'Practicalities' chapter covers all the essential travel advice you need, including accommodation, transport, food and drink, health, entertainment, shopping and much more, t to mention insider tips for travellers with disabilities, those travelling with children and those saving money. Outside of this dedicated chapter there are also plenty of 'Baedeker tips' alongside the relevant places and sights information, making this guide ideal for on-the-spot reference. You will also find the answers to Bali's more intriguing cultural questions such as 'What is a Jamu?', 'How should you behave in a temple?' and 'When might you encounter an ogoh-ogoh?' The guide is accompanied by a large, fully-indexed, pull-out map, t to mention 20 detailed plans and maps within the text that clearly pin-point the best places to stay and top venues to eat and drink en route. There are also 3 recommended tours covering excursions that have been specially designed to ensure you get the most from this enchanting island. All of this invaluable information is contained in a handy plastic wallet that allows you to keep the guide and map together whilst ensuring that both will survive in all weather. Baedeker - setting a new standard in 21st century travel guide publishing.
- Author BiographySince 1827, Baedeker has set a benchmark for guidebooks and remains the most famous and cherished travel brand in the world. With over 50 titles available, the range is ever-expanding to keep up with the needs of today s travelers.
- Author(s)Baedeker,Heiner Gstaltmayr
- PublisherMAIRDUMONT GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication18/09/2008
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleBaedeker Guides
- Place of PublicationOstfildern
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintMAIRDUMONT GmbH & Co. KG
- Out-of-print date28/08/2015
- Content NoteFull colour photographs and 3D illustrations throughout
- Weight408 g
- Width123 mm
- Height189 mm
- Spine18 mm
Most relevant reviews
- vjcuneen3406 Apr, 2016by
Excellent book and thank you.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.