All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explores whether the US was fomenting and actively supporting revolt in the Balkans long before the Kosovo conflict took place. Wes Johnson grew up in Minnesota and was a USAF aircrew member during the Korean War. After graduating from university, he entered the CIA's junior officer program in 1962. During the 1980s, he was assigned to Jerusalem, Kabul, and Athens. Leaving the agency in 1990, he covered the conflict in ex-Yugoslavia and ongoing tensions between Greece-Cyprus and Turkey as an accredited journalist for Inter Press Service and Middle East International. Balkan Infer perceptively places the US-led NATO intervention into the Balkans in a larger context, and explains its relationship with the oil and gas reserves of Central Asia. He also explains why Europe's'back door' is w wide open to drug trafficking and the threat of Islamic radicalism.
- Author BiographyWes Johnson grew up in Minnesota and entered the CIA's junior officer program in 1962. During the 1980s, he was assigned to Jerusalem, Kabul, and Athens. Leaving the agency in 1990, he covered the conflict in the ex-Yugoslavia as an accredited journalist for Inter Press Service and Middle East International. He lives in retirement in Athens, Greece.
- Author(s)Wes Johnson
- PublisherEnigma Books
- Date of Publication15/06/2007
- SubjectMilitary History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintEnigma Books
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight640 g
- Width157 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.