All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book gives an insight into the media constructions of historical remembrance reflecting transnational, national or nationalistic forms of politics. Authors from post-Yugoslavia and neighbouring countries focus on the diverse transnational (such as Austro-Hungarian, Yugoslav etc.,) and national (such as Bosnian, Croatian, Serbian etc.) memory cultures in South-Eastern Europe, their interference and rivalry. They examine constructions of memory in different media from the 19th century to recent wars. These include longue duree images, breaks and gaps, selection and suppression, traumatic events and the loss of memory, stalgia, false memory, reactivation, rituals and traces of memory.
- Author BiographyTanja Zimmermann (Junior Professor; PhD in art history and Slavic studies) teaches East-European literature and art history at the University of Constance (Germany). Her research interests include literature, art and the media in Russia, South-Eastern Europe and Poland in the 19th and 20th century.
- PublisherTranscript Verlag
- Date of Publication15/09/2012
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintTranscript Verlag
- Content Note25 b/w & 2 colour illus
- Weight396 g
- Width135 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byTanja Zimmerman
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.