All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe purpose of this mograph is to review the kwn physical aspects of two unusual forms of atmospheric lumius phemena, to deduce their characteristics and properties, and to promote efforts to improve their understanding. These two forms, called ball lightning and bead lightning, have visual images that differ from the linear image associated with rmallightning. The terms balliightning and bead lightning are used to dete atmospheric lumius forms which are occasionally observed and have the geometrie shape suggested by their name. Vet, it is possible that neither phemen may in fact be a form of lightning in the sense of a continuous electrical discharge. Bead lightning has been described as the residue of a cloud-to- cloud or cloud-to-ground lightning stroke and has the appearance of aseries of lumius balls separated by dark regions, thus resembling astring of pearls, and remains visible for about one second. Ball lightning has been described as a single lumius globe appearing ne ar the ground after a lightning stroke and also remaining visible for about one second. Both phemena remain visible far longer than rmal lightning flashes.
- Author(s)James Barry
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication01/12/2010
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note72 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight438 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement1st ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 1980
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $26.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.