All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWinner of the 2012 Randolph Caldecott Medal This New York Times Bestseller and New York Times Best Illustrated Book relates a story about love and loss as only Chris Rashcka can tell it. Any child who has ever had a beloved toy break will relate to Daisy's anguish when her favorite ball is destroyed by a bigger dog. In the tradition of his nearly wordless picture book Yo! Yes?, Caldecott Medalist Chris Raschka explores in pictures the joy and sadness that having a special toy can bring. Raschka's signature swirling, impressionistic illustrations and his affectionate story will particularly appeal to young dog lovers and teachers and parents who have children dealing with the loss of something special.
- Author BiographyCHRIS RASCHKA has written and/or illustrated over 30 books for children, including The Purple Balloon, called deceptively simple and beautifully direct by Kirkus Reviews. His other books include Good Sports, an ALA Notable Book; the 2006 Caldecott Medal winning title, The Hello, Goodbye Window; the Caldecott Honor Books Yo! Yes?; and Mysterious Thelonius.
- Author(s)Chris Raschka
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication07/10/2015
- FormatBoard book
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House Books for Young Readers
- Content NoteFull Colour Illustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width181 mm
- Height191 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.