All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOne of the last great epic poems, this ballad tells the tale of Alfred the Great's unlikely victory - with the assistance of the Virgin Mary - over Gunthrum and the Danes at the Battle of Ethandune. A Catholic allegory relying more upon legends than historical facts, this chronicle is often considered Chesterton's greatest literary achievement.
- Author BiographyThe extensive writings of G. K. Chesterton (1847-1936) include journalism, poetry, plays, history, biography, apologetics, and detective fiction. His writings have profoundly influenced countless readers, from C. S. Lewis to Michael Collins to Mahatma Gandhi.
- Author(s)G. K. Chesterton
- PublisherDover Publications Inc.
- Date of Publication24/09/2010
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDover Publications Inc.
- Weight159 g
- Width136 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $204.90New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.66New
- AU $61.69Used
- AU $94.06New
- AU $102.20New
- AU $71.40New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.59
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.94
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $91.19
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.01
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $50.60
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.66
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.63
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.